Work, Health & Safety
This is a practical course for practical people and is designed to give participants relevant knowledge and skills to enable the provision of valid and timely work, health and safety advice. The course is a Certificate IV qualification under the Australian Skills Qualification Authority and covers a broad range of health and safety functions and responsibilities in the workplace including:
- Identifying hazards
- Assessing WHS risks
- Implementing strategies to control WHS risks
- Evaluating an organisation’s performance including audit procedures
- Noise management
Ten (10) units are taken to complete the Certificate:
- BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
- BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
- BSBWHS409 Assist with workplace monitoring processes
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
- BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management techniques
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
In addition, Acoustar offers two specialist noise management Units (MSS11) that can be studied as part of the course, either separately or in combination with the BSB units.
- MSS025008 Monitor and evaluate noise More Info...
- MSS027008 Coordinate noise management activities More Info...
Download the study guides
|BSBWHS402||Assist with compliance with WHS laws||Download|
|BSBWHS403||Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes||Download|
|BSBWHS404||Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control||Download|
|BSBWHS405||Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems||Download|
|BSBWHS406||Assist with responding to incidents||Download|
|BSBWHS409||Assist with workplace monitoring processes||Download|
|BSBCMM401||Make a presentation||Download|
|BSBMGT403||Implement continuous improvement||Download|
|BSBRSK401||Identify risk and apply risk management techniques||Download|
|BSBSUS401||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices||Download|
Who is this course designed for?
- Safety officers, occupational health staff
- Health and Safety representatives
- Supervisors in construction/building, manufacturing, mining, transport and heavy industries
- Persons involved in WHS for the music entertainment industry, commercial workplaces, schools and hospitals
- Regulatory officers required to assess compliance with WHS management codes
Each qualification, unit of competency or training module offered by Acoustar has a set fee for a training program provided at our Brisbane Training Centre.
It is Acoustar's policy that the fee is all-inclusive for tuition, support and coaching, specified textbooks (PDF versions), and use of our classroom/facilities in Brisbane. Fees and expenses are specified along with any additional requirements.
When there are additional requirements, normally associated with a training program (for example; reference material, research documents, own computer) the Student will be clearly advised of exactly what is required prior to commencement of the program or course.
Training Programs Off-Site
Our standard fees apply plus actual reasonable costs of providing the training program at any location outside of Brisbane. Fees are based on travel costs, accommodation, and staff travel time and calculated on an ‘actual and reasonable’ basis and include GST.
Training Program Fees are published in our Fees Policy
Fees for a single student in a mentored program are:
- BSB41415 Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety $1960.00 (GST exempt)
Students are entitled to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning.
Individual Certificate IV units can be studied separately from taking the complete Certificate program.
Continuing Professional Development Courses
Continuing professional development courses are offered based on content from the Certificate IV or MSS units. Please call Acoustar to discuss availability and fees.
Payment of Fees
Full fees are payable at the commencement of training.
There is no formal entry requirement for the BSB41415 Certificate IV training program.
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning is permitted. Please contact Acoustar if you would like more details.