Co-ordinate Noise Management Activities
This course is designed to follow on from MSS025008 Monitor & Evaluate Noise, which is a pre-requisite of this course. Both MSS025008 and MSS027008 are units from MSS80216 Graduate Certificate in Environmental Management. Entrants to study for this Unit are required to have significant relevant vocational practice.
Aims & Objectives of the Training Program
The aims of the training program are to provide a student with:
- the practical knowledge and skills to measure and evaluate sound
- the practical knowledge and skills to observe, monitor and assess noise
- the knowledge and skills for the correct use of sound level meters and sound analysers in order to collect reliable data
- the knowledge and skills to analyse data into meaningful information for reliable reports referenced to relevant legislation, standards codes, guidelines or workplace protocols
The objectives of the training program are that, after successfully completing the course, a student will be competent to:
- maintain, transport and store sound measurement instrumentation in a safe manner
- make reliable measurements of background sound and noise from a variety of sources, according to the requirements of the relevant legislation, standards codes, guidelines or workplace protocols
- present and interpret measurement data in a form suitable for inclusion into a report
- present a reasoned noise assessment and evaluation, based on measured data and observations, for inclusion into a report
Who is this course designed for?
The course covers the skills and knowledge required to competently apply a range of methods and technologies to conduct noise monitoring and evaluation. Our course is designed for:
- field staff, site coordinators, Health & Safety Representatives
- managers and senior personnel employed by workplaces and unions in a wide range of industry sectors, e.g. manufacturing, building and construction, certification and audit
- regulatory authorities involved with noise assessment, evaluation and compliance
- professionals requiring skill and knowledge validation in the field of practical noise monitoring and evaluation
Each qualification, unit of competency or training module offered by Acoustar has a set fee for a training program provided at our Brisbane Training Centre.
It is Acoustar's policy that the fee is all-inclusive for tuition, support and coaching, specified textbooks (PDF versions), and use of our classroom/facilities in Brisbane. Fees and expenses are specified along with any additional requirements.
When there are additional requirements, normally associated with a training program (for example; reference material, research documents, own computer) the Student will be clearly advised of exactly what is required prior to commencement of the program or course.
Training Programs Off-Site
Our standard fees apply plus actual reasonable costs of providing the training program at any location outside of Brisbane. Fees are based on travel costs, accommodation, and staff travel time and calculated on an ‘actual and reasonable’ basis and include GST.
Training Program Fees are published in our Fees Policy
Fees for a single student in a mentored program are:
MSS027008 (AQF Level 8) $1480.00 (GST exempt)
Note: MSS025008 must be studied at Level 8 prior to commencing MSS027008. The total cost of MSS025008 and MSS027008 as a skillset at Level 8 is $3720.00 (GST Exempt).
Students are entitled to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning.
Individual Certificate IV units can be studied separately from taking the complete Certificate program.
Continuing Professional Development Courses
Continuing professional development courses are offered based on content from the Certificate IV or MSS units. Please call Acoustar to discuss availability and fees.
Payment of Fees
Full fees are payable at the commencement of training.
MSS027008 Co-ordinate Noise Management Activities is available at post-graduate level and must be studied after MSS025008 Monitor & Evaluate Noise. MSS025008 and MSS027008 are units from MSS80216 Graduate Certificate in Environmental Management. Entrants to study for this Unit are required (see MSS80216, myskills.gov.au) to have one of the following:
- relevant extensive vocational practice without formal qualifications
- a relevant Diploma, such as MSS50216 Diploma of Environmental Monitoring and Technology, together with significant relevant vocational practice
- a Bachelor Degree in Environmental Management, Environmental Science or Science in a relevant discipline, such as chemistry, ecology or geology
- a relevant higher education qualification, with relevant vocational practice
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition of Prior Learning is permitted. Please contact Acoustar if you would like more details.